WELCOME: No Matter what your present or past status in the Catholic Church, no matter your personal history, age, race or background, you are invited, welcomed, accepted and loved at Sacred Heart Catholic Parish in Brewster.
Please register with Flocknote to receive email/text notifications from the parish. Click the “Register Email” link above or click here to register
Attendance is limited to 60 persons. You must register for the Mass time you want to attend (Only one Mass attendance per week please). Please arrive for Mass 15 minutes early. To register for Mass click here.
Mass times are at:
Saturday (Spanish) 7:00 PM
Sunday (English) 8:30 AM, (Spanish) 2:00 PM.
Sacred Heart Parish Public Mass Guidelines
Under the Phase 3 guidelines, as outlined by WA State and Bishop Daly, the following requirements have been mandated:
- We can now operate our churches and other indoor spaces at 50% capacity (up from 25%), while observing the modified rules for grouping noted below. This also applies for weddings and funerals (see here).
- Guidelines still call for masking for all congregants and musicians.
- Guidelines still call for 6-foot distancing between “groups”
- “Groups” are defined as a maximum of 15 individuals (i.e., 15 individuals seated in a pew six feet away from another pew with other 15 people). Notably the guidelines state, “It is recommended, but not required that each group consist of individuals from no more than two households.” In other words, technically multiple households can be in the same group.
- Choral and congregational singing is back. This assumes masking and distancing on the part of choir members and congregants. See the guidelines for details.
Please remember that Bishop Daly has granted dispensation from attending Mass during the pandemic crises. Those over age 65 or with health issues should consider the risk before deciding to attend Mass in person.
It is our desire that everyone is to be able to attend mass; however, the COVID-19 pandemic remains of considerable concern for all of us. We will take and encourage everyone to use reasonable precaution; but we cannot assure that everyone is 100% shielded from this virus. We recognize that our success relies upon everyone participating to help us be successful in maintaining a safe environment.
Sunday Mass will still be available online on Facebook at 11:00 AM in English and 2:00 PM in Spanish for those who wish to attend mass via the internet.
Sunday Masses Twisp and Brewster (Livestream)
Prayer of Spiritual Communion
My Jesus, I believe that You are present in the Most Holy Sacrament.
I love You above all things, and I desire to receive You into my soul.
Since I cannot at this moment receive You sacramentally,
come at least spiritually into my heart. I embrace You. Amen.
A Guide to Making Good Decisions for the End
of Life: Living Will and Durable Power of
The Bishops of Washington State and the WSCC have prepared this booklet as a resource to assist in making choices about health care and in communicating decisions to others. Our Catholic faith encourages prayerful reflection on death and responsible preparation for it in light of Church teachings.
Please remember Sacred Heart Parish in your will.
Vatican dedicates May to global rosary ‘marathon’ for end of COVID-19
Vatican City, Apr 21, 2021 / 14:00 pm America/Denver (CNA).
The Vatican has announced a rosary initiative dedicating the month of May to prayer for an end to the coronavirus pandemic. Read the article here.
Since the release of the COVID-19 Vaccines, there has been discussion of the new COVID-19 vaccines’ ethical implications, especially given their use of fetal cell lines in testing. Bishop Daly addresses these ethical concerns and informs Catholics that they may take the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine when eligible to receive the vaccination.
Basic Practices (the Three W’s):
Parishes are to develop infection control protocols for their gatherings that incorporate these basic practices:
• “Watching Distance” – Individuals should observe physical distancing by maintaining no less than six feet between people not of their household.
• “Wearing Masks” – Parishioners are required to wear face coverings whenever they are indoors for Mass, excepting the reception of Holy Communion. A mask is not required if it cannot be worn reliably or if it aggravates breathing difficulty or another health risk. Priests are instructed to wear masks during distribution of Holy Communion.
• “Washing Hands” – Hand washing and the use of hand sanitizer upon entering the church / gathering space is strongly encouraged.
As bills continue to arrive, please remember to continue your generous donations to Sacred Heart parish. We now have on-line giving. Click here to donate online.
Of course, you may continue to mail your donations if that is your preference to:
Sacred Heart Parish-Brewster
PO Box 548
Brewster, WA 98812
Thank you so much!
A medida que continúan llegando las facturas, pero las facturas y los pagos continúan llegando a la parroquia. Recuerde continuar sus generosas donaciones a la Parroquia del Sagrado Corazón. Para donar electrónicamente, haga clic aquí.
Para enviar su donación por correo, envíe sus donaciones a:
Parroquia del Sagrado Corazón-Brewster
PO Box 548
Brewster, WA 98812
Diocesan Coronavirus Website
How to make a Perfect Act of Contrition at Home
A Message from Catholic Charities of Central Washington
Having a baby and raising a family is an incredible experience, but the journey of parenting is sometimes a struggle and families and moms may need help along the way. Whether you just found out you are pregnant, are a new mom or a new dad, or are juggling the demands of parenthood, all families need a community to support them.
PREPARES is a nurturing response of the Catholic community in Washington state, open to all, to provide meaningful, local and sustainable support to mothers, fathers, and families as they nurture their children through pregnancy and early childhood. Volunteers at the PREPARES program offer support and activities for families from pregnancy to your child’s fifth birthday.
Website: PREPARES of Eastern Washington
As part of our continued response, LTP has compiled free prayer resources in English and Spanish, free Virtual Gathering offerings, and more for you, your parish, and your family and friends. For a complete list of free resources available to you throughout this crisis, click here: Liturgy Training Publications (English and Spanish)
– Televised Masses –
|Article from Our Sunday Visitor: Does TV Mass “count”?
St. Patrick’s Cathedral
San Fernando Cathedral
– Prayer Resources –
|Liturgy of the Hours
Find morning, daytime, evening and night prayers online.
Pray the Rosary
Light a candle online